What year is this engine?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: What year is this engine?
From: FirDarreg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 01:51:40 -0500
Joe:

RE:  18GB-RU-H-12245

The first 18GB's came out in late1964. Good bet it's a 1964 engine. MODEL
year for that should've been 1965, so it's likely it's a 5-main engine rather
than a 3. At one time, I knew offhand how to read the rest of the gobbldygook
numbers and letters in the commission #'s and motor numbers; about all that
comes to mind now regarding the R is that it wasn't originally built with an
overdrive, but I could be remembering something else.

Luck.

Corey