Spridget wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridget wheels
From: gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.attgis.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 96 09:21 EST
Matt writes :
>I have a 69 midget with the factory wires.  I was wondering if it is safe
>to solo (auto-x) on them.  will hard cornering damage the wheels or the
>tubes?  Are there tubes in there?

Well I certainly would NOT autoX a car with  wire wheels, I do not believe that
they are strong enough. I just changed from wire -> disc wheels on a car,
because
I shall be using it as a vintage race car.

Looking at pictures of the factory works cars however, reveals that in the early
days they raced on wire wheels and then moved to disc wheels (Minilites).

You should be able to tell if you have tubes in your tyres by looking at the
valve stems.

gerry