Re: SAE or Whitworth?

To: "Peter Rebbechi" <rebbechi.peter@a1.meoc02.sno.mts.dec.com>
Subject: Re: SAE or Whitworth?
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 96 08:21:59 -0500
On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Peter Rebbechi wrote:

> Planning on buying either an A or a B (roadster) within the next 2-3
> months.
> On looking at my workshop (currently renovating, buy MG when
> finished), I have realised that I require some fresh tools.
> Are MG's SAE or whitworth threads on fasteners?

Both.....at least on the SU carbs, you will find some Whitworth
fasteners.  On the B, most everything else seems (I'll be a DPO one day)
to be SAE.

> Is A/F SAE?
> I have time to assemble a decent set of tools for the new workshop,
> and have a realistic (?) budget set aside ($2k) for tools.

I can't wait to graduate and get shop equipment.....WOW!!

Eric

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME senior - Mississippi State University
Design Coordinator - MSU Formula SAE......Powered by Honda......
elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1
74 MGB - 85 Buick LaSabre - 95 DiamondBack Sorrento