Re: MG 1100's anywhere?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG 1100's anywhere?
From: Michael Carnell <carnellm@awod.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:15:34 -0500
Denise Wrote:

>For people who missed it the first time around, here's the Society for the
>Protection and Appreciation of the MG 1100 (SPAM) oath:
>
>I [state your name] do solemnly swear not to ridicule or cause to be
>ridiculed any MG 1100, its owner, or driver even in front of a romantic
>interest that I'm trying to impress.  Secondly, I promise to rescue any
>repairable MG 1100 from the wrecker (breaker) if said car can be purchased
>for no more than $200US.  Thirdly, I promise to do everything in my power
>to maintain in a drivable condition any MG 1100 I may own.
>
>Please let me know if you've joined so I can keep track of us.
>
>Denise Thorpe

Denise,

I have been lurking for a while, but now I must come out.  I had an MG1100
that was given to me. It was missing _everything_ from the sills down.  I
was going to try to restore it, but instead sold it, actually threw it in
free with a Janguar MkI sale.  Can I still be a member of the Society?  I
swear to protect MG1100s (and even Austin Americas) if I can find them.  The
one I had went to  good home, and I even still have pictures of it in my
scrap book.  I would love to find one that I could drive.

There, I feel better for getting that off my chest.
--
Michael Carnell, Computer Systems Engineer & LEGO Maniac
Charleston, SC 29417-1994   -   http://clever.net/dbd/cmc