dash with cigar lighter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: dash with cigar lighter
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 14:02:49 PST
Pundits,

My assumption that the metal dash I got was a BGT dash because it had a cigar
lighter may not be correct.  I assumed this because I knew a woman who had
the limited edition black '67 BGT and hers had a cigar lighter in the same
spot on the dash.  Also, I've seen a wiring diagram that had dashed lines
depicting additional wiring for a rear window defroster, dome light, and
cigar lighter for '67 GT's.  The hole in the dash I have is perfectly round
with clean edges and has crinkle paint on the inside edges making it look
original.  Has anyone else seen a metal dash with a cigar lighter between the
choke knob and the plastic gauge surround?  Does anyone know anything about
the limited edition black BGT for '67 and what special features it had?  All
enlightenment will be appreciated.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com