Re: Non-Bug (Frog) Eye Spridgets

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non-Bug (Frog) Eye Spridgets
From: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 08:17:56 -0500 (EST)
In message <960223094949_429740363@emout07.mail.aol.com>  writes:
> Hi,
>
> With appropriate apologies to Ray and Kermit, I have to say I've been gazing
> at my freshly polished '66 Midget in BRG and thinking it is quite a handsome
>...........  I'm thinking that cars in original condition (the car is popular
for racing, but
> is generally highly modified) may become significantly rarer in a few years
> due to neglect and low market value despite the fact that they seem to be all
> over the place right now.  But there's no denying that these are
> intrinsically wonderful little cars, true classics that will always be
> appreciated by many.
>
> Glen

  I agree with Glen.  When I bought my car I was actually looking for an MGB,
but I found a nice Midget with very little rust at a good price.  This seemed a
much better deal than any of the B's I had seen.  Thinking that I was making a
good compromise, and that my wife would be proud of the money I was "saving", I
settled on the Midget.  I have never regretted my decision.  I do hope that the
value of these little cars increase so that more of them will be well restored.
It is my impression - but I have little experience, that Midgets may be easier
to restore than B's.  Perhaps the more experienced SOL's could voice opinions.

Tom Wannenburg
74 Midget (under restoration)