MGB w/RX-7 engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB w/RX-7 engine
From: "Bradley J. Barnes" <barnes.182@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 18:38:56 -0500
Dear LBCer's,
        I am a college freshman who started a restoration on a MGB at the
end of the summer.  Unfortunatly, I ran out of time, and the engine has been
sitting in my garage halfway though a rebuild.  But now, I need it running
by the summer and I don't know if I can get it done before my job starts.
So here lies my dilema,  do I pay someone to finnish the rebuild while I am
at school, or buy a reman engine and install that instead?
        On a side note, a friend has a Mazda RX-7 rotary engine that I can
have for $200.  I know how silly it is, but it got me thinking.  Can this be
done?  Has anyone out there ever tried such a match?  Truthfully, I don't
like the idea because I like originality, but hey a high RPM engine does
have its high points.
Bradley J. Barnes
Ohio State University
barnes.182@osu.edu