Re: Leaking Fuel Pump

To: Sean Gould <0006370820@mcimail.com>
Subject: Re: Leaking Fuel Pump
From: macleodm@cadvision.com (Michael MacLeod)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 12:49:05 -0700
>Hi all!  I'm new to the list, so let me know if this post is appropriate
>or if there is a FAQ with this info....

        Welcome to the gang.

>I have a '52 MG TD.  When I started the car the other day, the electric
>SU fuel pump (about the size of beer can, with three sections, six
>screws) started to leak from the two gaskets that join the three peices.
>
>Does anybody know of a rebuild kit?  If so who should I call?
Try Moss Motors.  They offer a rebuild kit.  (it sounds like the diaphragm
is broken.

How much?

        Can't remember, not much,  there's not much to it.

>Would it be a better idea to put another type of fuel pump on?  Such
>as a generic Ford fuel pump?  I'm concerned that these other types
>might be too high pressure for the dual SU carbs.  Any comments?

        It's simple to fix the existing pump, and once fixed they seem to
last for a long time.

>Also, is this car negative or positive ground?  As far as I know, the
>car is all stock.

        The car was built Positive ground as all/most Pre-1962 british cars
were.

>Thanks alot for your comments... happy motoring!
>
>Sean_Gould@mcimail.com
>Denver, CO

        Welcome to the list.  good luck