Re: Battery discharge

To: Bruce pyle <pyle@bright.net>
Subject: Re: Battery discharge
From: Ted Weiler <tweiler@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 12:20:00 -0800
The problem might be that your battery(ies) has(have) a shorted cell.  This
would cause the battery to appear to take a charge but it would loose it
pretty fast.  If you put the battery under any kind of load, the terminal
voltage will almost immediately drop to almost nothing.  Depending on how
long it sat, it would take a pretty good drain to bring it down to where you
have to jump start it.

On Fri, 8 Mar 1996, Bruce pyle wrote:

> I think I have a small electrical drain.  Had to jump my battery to start
> after car setting for some time.  May have something on, but don't think so.
> I have the notion that a small drain might be hard to find.  Any thoughts?

 Edward B. (Ted) Weiler, tweiler@eskimo.com
 Engineering Manager, Olympic Medical
 Director, Volunteers NorthWest
         http://www.eskimo.com/~tweiler/vnw.html
 Membership, MG Car Club NorthWest Centre
         http://www.eskimo.com/~tweiler/mgccnwc.html