Fwd: Re: Don't try this at home.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Don't try this at home.
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 20:42:40 -0500
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: Don't try this at home.
Date:    96-03-13 20:41:42 EST
From:    Ragthyme
To:      mdboley@hpbs1117.boi.hp.com

On the subject of 'B' safety...

I've combed salvage yards for years in search of vagrant B parts, and, over
time, I've had the chance to see a lot of wrecked B's. Though I don't know
the owners of these poor lost soldiers, I do know that out of 400-someodd
wrecked B's I've seen, I would suspect that the owners walked away from the
accidents in something like 300 of them. (I've not kept an exact count, mind
you.)  I've seen B's that were pretty obviously head-on collision victims,
and yet the cockpit was in most cases remarkably intact.  No side-impact
gizmos, no air bags, no anti-lock brakes. And yet. :)

Two counterpoints: Year before last, my other half was, quite literally, run
over by a dump truck.  She was driving a 90 Dodge, with airbag, and crawled
away from the wreck with only a broken leg.  Had that been the B, she would
not have survived.  Fifteen years ago, I saw, quite literally, a Midget run
over by an 18 wheel truck on an interstate highway. I needn't report the
results.  I've had something of a paranoia after seeing this, and I rarely
drive lbc's on interstates because of the truck traffic. I have also driven
an 18 wheel truck, upon occasion, and ware ye all: we're virtually invisible
to them.

Just my tuppence worth; wear your seat belts, and keep safe!

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'