Re: New Fangled Low Maintenance Batteries

To: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Subject: Re: New Fangled Low Maintenance Batteries
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 96 8:02:25 PST
> Has anybody out there successfully used one on an old car? These new batteries
> tend to keep their acid inside and that would be a great advantage on a
> treasured LBC one is trying to preserve. If there are no replies, I will
> research the subject and post the results.
>
> Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "

I have one in my Cobra, which does have an alternator, but of lower
output current than the alternators on modern cars.  I also had one in a
'70 VW bug with a generator I owned until a couple of years ago.  Never
a discharged battery problem in either.  My Cobra has an ammeter and
I installed a voltmeter on the bug.  Charging was always adequate in
both..

Roland