RE: Electronic Ignition?

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electronic Ignition?
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:04:00 -0800 (PST)
sounds like bad sparkplug wires or bad coil.
CR
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: Electronic Ignition?
Date: Saturday,March 16,1996 11:08PM

I have posted a few messages about problems I have had starting with the
use of Mystery Oil but I think the problem is due to ignition voodoo. The
car will run fine at idle but give it some gas and runs very rough with
black smoke (rings!). Compression is fine, carbs cleaned and look good,
(although puzzling fact of most of the air flow is into the rear carb). I
took a plug wire off and put it on an extra plug which I grounded to the
block and started the car on three. The spark looked normal and regular
at idle. When I give it a little gas, the firing became erratic in
appearance and regularity. I have a Allison/crane EI and the distributor
part seems fine (same result with vacuum advance disconnected). Has
anyone had a problem with the electronic box similar to this? I know
there have been problems but are they usually total or has someone seen
something like this? Will Allison service or checkout the unit? Any
help/experiences will be appreciated. I MISS MY CAR!

Allan Hovis
hovisa@nando.net
Raleigh, NC