Some Questions

To: MG Mail Group <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Some Questions
From: MACEDONIA <macedonia-statc@kaman.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 12:19:50 -0400 (EDT)
1. I recently purchased a major front suspension rebuild kit from Victoria
British for my '66 B. Installed in the kingpins that I received were 2-piece
fulcrum bushings. (Actually, one kingpin had both halves, the other just had
one) When I FAX'd VB for the other half, they sent me a one-piece bush. My
question is.. Is this two-piece bushing an aftermarket replacement? VB hasn't
given me a good answer but they're sending me a second one-piece bushing so I
don't care.

2. My front suspension is completely dismantled. I've cleaned all the smaller
parts in my benchtop sandblaster but I'm not sure what to do with the main
crossmember. I can wire brush the outside, but I can't reach inside and I'm not
sure that a professional sandblaster can either. Any suggestions?

3. This is the first car that I've ever restored and I've been impressed by the
availability of parts. However, how can I tell which parts are aftermarket
reproductions or OEM? For example, are any of the major mechanical components
fabricated by MOWOG (Morris-Wolsely-MG) still produced on the original tooling?

Thank you in advance,

David Macedonia
[macedonia-statc@kaman.com]
1966 MGB currently in restoration