Midgst clutch woes/ resolved

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midgst clutch woes/ resolved
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 96 11:19:08 -0500
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
          Here's the latest update:

          But, first, let me digress; 71 midget. motor from a 69
          sprite. New-ish clutch pressure plate, new driven disc.
          rebuilt master and slave. Clutch wouldn't release.

          So, yesterday, I extended the slave push rod ( 1098's used
          2.5 push rod; 1275's used 3 inch push rod. I had only 2.5
          push rods. I made an extension for the push rod I was using,
          and stuck it in.) Opened the bleeder screw ( the bleed line
          was still attached) and saw bubbles drifting out. Bled the
          slave again. Now the clutch works.

          But, second gear synchro is trash!

          Thanks for all the advise from everyone on the lists.

          The car still resides on jack stands in the garage. I have
          yet to figure out why the fuel gauge doesn't register. that
          will be tonight's project. The car won't come off the jack
          stands until I finish sand blasting and painting all five
          wheels.

          Alan