Re: Smog test/Timing question

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MVDNS1.MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Smog test/Timing question
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.mv.Unisys.COM
Date: 26 MAR 96 09:46
-------  Forwarded message -------

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 09:39:34 -0800 (PST) (9:39 am 17:39 UT)
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER @ MP050>
To: <.com @ MVDNS1>
bcc: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER @ MP050>
Subject: 2Re: Smog test/Timing question

Every two years, I'm forced to retard the timing from 16 BTDC to around 10,
and lean out the carburetters until the colortune is light blue.
Last time I neglected to do that, and it failed miserably on both
NOx and hydrocarbons.  When I brought it back the next day, the guy
looked at me like I was nuts.  He claimed that with such bad specs,
nothing short of major expenditures of cash would appease the tailpipe
enema gods.  I had a major laugh when it passed with a large margin!
Mechanics nowdays have no concept of a car that allows full adjustment.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*

------- End of forwarded message(s) -------