Rust never sleeps. Or does it?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust never sleeps. Or does it?
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 10:08:22 PST
At what point does rust in the "dog legs" in front of the rear wheels become
unacceptable. I recently saw a car that had been repaired with fiberglass and
repainted, which made it difficult to tell the true extent of the damage.  From
what was described to me, a hole about 3" long, it sounded pretty bad. And my
magnet didn't stick to it.  (My gut told me to be afraid, be very afraid.)
Being from the Northeast, I've learned that rust anywhere, especially hole-
causing rust, is a lost cause.  And even here is sunny California, it's tough
find a 30-year-old car that doesn't have rust somewhere.  What do you
experienced MGB owners think?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Joseph
Looking for a 65-67B, preferably, rust free