Re: MGB back seat

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB back seat
From: Felix Wong <felixksw@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 10:14:05 -0800 (PST)
Just saw the Tuesday post regarding installing a BGT back seat in a B...
yes, I'm a little behind! Anyway, just to give my two cents, the previous
owner of my '69 B did the same conversion (see my web page for pic's!)
Apparently all it required was bolting in the seat back and sliding in the
seat bottom (no bolts).  The seat bottom stays in place when the car is
moving, but is easily removable when you need to access the battery
compartments.  It isn't a big hassle at all, IMO, so my advice would be
to leave the battery where it, rather than move it to the boot, in order
to conserve boot space.

A couple of notes:

1.  I have a removable top; I imagine one would have to remove the
    folding top every time the back seat needed to be used by a human.
    I imagine THIS would be a hassle!
2.  With the passenger seat all the way up, leg room in the back is
    good.
3.  I had a 5'7" friend sit in the back seat for a couple of miles.
    Because the seat sits rather high, he was looking clear over the
    windshield.  It might accommodate a 4' kid a little better...

      __       Felix Wong             Palo Alto, California
      | \_O    (415)497-5434 [home], (415)725-4640 [work]
   ( )/ LL     http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~felixksw/
        ( )    '69 MGB, '92 C'dale R500 (stiff, light, and FAST)
   Fw = mg         "Safety fast!"