Lending LBCs (and others)

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lending LBCs (and others)
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 16:53:40 -0600
To the SOLer (and others) who have found out the hard way that you should
never lend a special car to anyone:

The trick here is to seem like a nice person, while at the same time
scaring anyone else out of using the vehicle in question, hence
eliminating any possibility of them damaging it:

"Oh, sure, you can borrow my car.  Just remember: Sometimes the brakes
pull to the right pretty hard, and the 2d gear synchro is gone, so you
have to double-clutch, and if you're sitting for a while and it starts
getting warm, turn on the cooling fan - it's the rear defrost switch -
and don't forget that it will ping on bad gas, and..."

Be creative.  Convince prospective car-borrowers that you'd be happy to
lend the car, but they'd be crazy to take it.  Works every time.

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

CCSO's secretary has officially disavowed any knowledge of my actions.