It doesn't even sputter...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: It doesn't even sputter...
From: "David E. Brown" <spmsales@rust.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 1996 17:07:28 +0000
Hi all,

Put the new header on the Midget 1500 this weekend, rebuilt the
carb, ordered the new clutch master, rebushed parts of the front end
etc. Really starting to think this thing might actually hit the
road.
One small problem.  When cranking, it does not so much as sputter. I
seem to have no spark from the coil.  There is 12 volts at the
switch side of the coil, but that seems to be as far as it goes.
Tried a new coil and ballast resistor with the same results.

For reference, I have the "early type" Lucas electronic distributor
with the amplifier mounted directly to the distributor housing.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave
77 1500 Midget