Overdrive unit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive unit
From: "a.rayner" <A.Rayner@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 96 10:31:44 -0800
I have a 1965 mark I MGB with a four speed gearbox.  Everything has been
fully restored but I would like to put an overdrive unit onto the box to
give me better fuel econ etc.  Firstly, does anyone have an overdrive
gearbox (pref. reconditioned) that will suit my needs?  (I live in
Australia but I'm visiting the UK at the moment.  I may also visit the
USA a bit later in the year).  Secondly, does anyone know the procedure
for hooking one up to a mark I gearbox?  I have heard that this involves
a very expensive conversion kit.
Thanks
Tony Rayner
Email:  charayne@dingo.uq.oz.au