Re: Floor rust - B

To: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor rust - B
From: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 17:00:36 CST
Sounds OK to me.  But I added a coat of spray undercoating to the
floorpan and covered it with a layer of aluminum foil before I layed
down the carpeting.  I dare it to rust now!!!!

> Date sent:      Wed, 03 Apr 1996 15:39:05 +0500
> To:             mgs@autox.team.net
> From:           jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
> Subject:        Floor rust - B
> Send reply to:  jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)

> Drat.  All these years of not having a garage have done a number on the
> floors of my B.  Not rusted through, just a nice even coating of surface
> rust on the inside.
>
> Looking for advice on how to treat things to minimize the chances of the
> reappearance of rust, or at least maximize the time until its return.
> Since the floor will be carpetted, appearance isn't critical.
>
> Right now I'm giving it a good wire brushing, which I plan to follow up with
> a dose of naval jelly, and finally a good slathering of rustoleum primer and
> paint.  What do y'all think of that?  Good enough?
> --
> Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu  | Virginia Tech
> http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html

Bill Olson
Arkansas State University

67 mineral blue MGBGT  (saphire)  searching for an overdrive
68 red MGB Roadster  (ruby)  (sold)
72 mallard green MGB Roadster w/overdrive  (emerald (emmy))
95 plumb mist Ford Crown Victoria w/engine and suspension package -
   my winston cup car (winny)
92 dirty Nissan Stanza (wife's car (no name)) but a great woman
   who owned and drove a new MGA (with no name) when she was in
   college several (yeh, several for sure) years ago