Re: vacuum lines, etc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vacuum lines, etc.
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 00:17:44 -0500
All:

In re this thread, I've got a 75B with a 79 motor (slightly modified). No
emissions controls to speak of left on it. I never did have this transmission
advance dohicky on there.

I remember reading somewhere that the vaccuum advance on a stock Lucas 25D
distributor was only about 3 degrees in 4th gear, and not worth bothering
with if you replaced the carb & redid the timing on it. I've run Rags now
with the vaccuum advance completely blocked off for maybe 3000 miles or so;
timing is 17 BTDC, Weber DGAV 32/36 carb. Very smart off the line, and I
don't notice any degradation in performance, right up to about 105 MPH in 4th
(which is as far as I've taken her).  Am I missing something?

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'