RE:Fuel line/ pump etc.

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Fuel line/ pump etc.
From: "Matthew Montes" <MMONTES@muskingum.edu>
Date: 11 Apr 96 02:11:00 EST

I had a similar problem with my 70 B.  Kept pulling off the pump and making new
diaphragms.  I would drive off convinced that I had fixed it this time for sure
and then.... no power....no response to throttle....engine would either quit or
pick back up miraculously.  I bought a new SU pump and still the same problem.
I pulled the tank to clean it and lo and behold there was a chunk of crud in
the outflow elbow pipe.  Compressed air removed it for me.  If I were you I
would pull a fuel line and see if your getting a good full flow.  If not, check
the pump and try putting some Marvel Mystery Oil in the tank to help clean out
the system.  It has to be in the fuel system.  Hope this helps.  Good Luck!

Matt