Re: Positive Ground MG and jump starting

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Positive Ground MG and jump starting
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 13:23:23 -0500
BDurgin1@aol.com wrote:

> Is it possible to jump start a positve ground car with jumper cables? And how
> would you do it? Also, any special instructions on troubleshooting the
> electrics on this machine would be appreciated. I struggle with auto
> electrics but I'm learning...

Yes, it is possible to jump start postive ground from negative and vice versa.
Just make sure
that _NO_ parts of the cars are in contact with each other.  Then, make sure
you connect your
positive to the other cars positive, and your car's negative to the other car's
negative.  If car
parts happened to be touching (bumpers, doors, etc.), then you might have some
fireworks.
Otherwise, not a problem at all.

Wayne Kube
Plano, TX