Warning, your tool roll can eat...

To: British-Cars-Pre-War@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Warning, your tool roll can eat...
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:25:42 -0400
your tools.  Just a note to hopefully save you from my fate.  A few years ago
I bought a nice looking tool roll from the MG Owners Club.  When it came, I
was very pleased, a nice green (BRG?) colour with a red MG motif.  I
assembled in it the T type tools I had accumulated for the Arnolt project and
put it on the shelf.  That was 2+ years ago.  Yesterday I decided to give the
Arnolt its first real workout with a trip to the gas station and thought,
well I had better take some tools with me just in case!   I grabbed the nice
green roll and opened it  to remind myself what was in there, and wow!, all
the tools were corroded all to hell.  Rust and copper oxide all over the
knock on hammer.  What a disappointment.  Apparently the sizing in the canvas
of the roll contains something that reacts with the steel and copper.

So wash your tool rolls (on gentle cycle) before loading in your newly
restored tools.  Of course most of you have tool rolls and tools that are
oily enough that this will not happen to you.

Cheers, TATerry