MG 1100 advert

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG 1100 advert
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 96 15:23:29 PDT
Fellow 1100 fans (all three of us):

Yesterday, I received a copy of the 1100 ad that Mike Leckstein taped off of
the TV and kindly sent me.  10Q!  10Q!  10Q!  It's precious!  And sure enough,
the thing's driving around with no rear wheels and the butt end up in the air
like an adorable MG stinkbug.  I can't imagine how they did that, but now
that I know it can be done, I'm gonna try it with mine!  All I need now are
five Queen's Guards or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

After the 1100 ad was a Mini ad.  It's nice to know that advertising in
Britain is just as silly as it is here.

In a related vein, earlier today there was a message that said, in part:

'             MG INTERNATIONAL

                 INDY - 96

     This is the LARGEST MG meet in the history of North America!
Five MG Clubs have agreed to combine their annual meets into this
incredible event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  As of April
15th, 1996, there were 1100 MGs pre-registered for this meet which'
                       ^^^^^^^^

When I first saw this, I thought they were saying that there were going
to be 1100's there.  I was so excited, I almost thought about going!

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com