Jump starting a postive ground MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Jump starting a postive ground MGB
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 19:30:19 -0400
My 64 B is an original 3 main, 3 synchro with OD (rebuilt last month),
positive ground car. The restoration is almost complete after 3 years.

2 questions:

1.Is it possible to jump start a positive ground car with jumper cables? And
how would you do it? (It has been converted to a single 12volt battery)

2. My original Jaeger oil pressure guage reads 60+ psi  on start-up and 52-54
psi warmed up.It has an annoying habit of sticking at 40 psi when you stop
and start-up when warm although a tap on the bezel with your finger normally
"unsticks" it. Anyone ever rebuilt one of these ? Any tricks or is it even
possible? If not, who would rebuild one of these. I don't really want to have
to put in a Smith's replacement-- if there is anyway around it. I don't
believe any of the parts houses sell Jaeger.

Enjoy the list. Thanks for the comments.

Bruce Durgin
BDurgin1@aol.com

'64 MGB
1600 A Coupe ( next project...?)