Re: British Motors Heritgage Trust

To: John Allard <Jallard@gonzo.wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: British Motors Heritgage Trust
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:38:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, John Allard wrote:

> I would like to get the British Motor Heritage Trust information on some of
> my cars, is the fee, as I recall, $150?  And who do I send it to?

  The fee for this certificate is US$40.00 plus $1.25 for airmail
  shipping.  I just received my certificate on Saturday.  It is
  printed on heavy stock and lists the build and export dates,
  important numbers, options, and the importing dealer if available.
  It is signed (in real ink, too) by Anders Ditlev Clausager.

  You will need $0.70 US postage for your request to reach the UK.
  (been there, got the envelope returned for insufficient postage!)

  (snipped from the SOL web pages...)

                British Motor Industry
                  HERITAGE TRUST

   The certificates cost 20 pounds sterling (or US $40.00), payment must
   be made with application.

   WE REGRET CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE

   To obtain your certificate, please send your fee and quote the make
   model and chassis/car number of your vehicle to the following address:

     British Motor Industry Heritage Trust
     Archive Department,
     Heritage Motor Centre,
     Banbury Road,                 Telephone UK + 44 926 641188
     Gaydon.
     Warwick, CV35 0BJ.
     ENGLAND.

   The trust is an educational charity, established to collect and
   conserve vehicles, artefacts and records relating to the various
   companies which have come together to form the modern day Rover Group.
   It also includes one of the largest displays of British cars to be
   seen anywhere in the world, from a 1896 Wolseley to the present day
   Land-Rover.

   --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.