Driving light stone guards

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Driving light stone guards
From: ken regenfuse <kenregen@postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 19:53:13 -0400
He's a tough one for all you lbc owners to solve for me!
For some time now I have had a pair of Lucas replica driving lights on
either one of my
B's. I have the 5 inch round repros made by moss motors that mount directly
to the
grill of the car. What I am looking for is a set of stone guards for the
lights. I purchased
a set of 5 1/4 guards from JC Whitney that are the correct size for the
lights but as of yet
have not figured out a way to mount them on the lights. These lights are
supposidly exact
repros of the lucas lights that were optional equippment on the original Jag
XKE and the
AC Cobra. I also know that lucas is once again producing these lights at a
cost of $250.00
each, (ouch) and I thought $90.00 bucks a piece was high! My question or
problem, how ever you want to look at it is simple. Does anyone know of a
kit to do the mounting, even if I have to buy the stone guards with the kit
that would be fine, or has anyone devised a way to do this in an way that
not only looks good but will also last more that one trip down the highway
at night.  Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Ken Regenfuse

kenregen@postoffice.ptd.net

64 MGB
74 MGBGT