Re: MGB's

To: baker@islandnet.com
Subject: Re: MGB's
From: SimJaysun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 07:55:27 -0400
>The beautiful rubber pumpers came out in late 75. They give the car a
>blended flow that was not present in the earlier fragile chrome models.  The
>intent was ; 1. beauty 2. Standardized bumper height and 3 to meet the 5 MPH
>requirement and also 5. To impress MR. Nader who likes fine art.
>JackBaker

::hoping Jack's commentary wasn't sarcastic, and I just missed it.::

Finally...someone who appreciates the rubber bumber cars!  Honestly, as I
said before, I prefer the asthetics of the chrome bumbers.  However, I would
have to say theat both types have their own particular beauty and asthetic
desirability.  I once read a statement regarding this topic...I'll get you
the source, if you want it.  "If the MGB was originally released with rubber
bumpers, and the chrome bumber cars had never seen the light of day, it is
likely that the MGB would have still been considered a remarkably
good-looking car."