Re: Everything tools (Now:colortune)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Everything tools (Now:colortune)
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 09:21:23 -0600
At 06:21 PM 4/16/96 -0400, Mike Leckstein wrote:

>Don't be embarrassed to reply. I bought Grip Master which I love, even though
>its so complicated I need an instruction book to figure out the most simple
>clamp set up.
>
>Mike Leckstein ( you are never too rich, too skinny or have too many tools)

Not to deviate too far from the subject - but mention of the instruction
book reminded me of my Colortune kit. I bought it from the Roadster Factory
two years ago, and when I got it, it had no instructions.

I played with the Colortune kit, and I adjusted my carbs to the point that
the spark color turned from yellow to blue. It didn't affect the car's
performance much, because I already tune the fuel mixture near where it
should be (or so I think). I use indicators such as the sound of the engine
idle, the idle when the carb pistons are raised 1/4", and the color of the
spark plug electrodes.

Am I missing anything on this Colortune? Anyone use it and swear by it?

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html