Replacing the Carb

To: Cindy_Jizmagian@bcsmac.org (Cindy Jizmagian)
Subject: Replacing the Carb
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 16:13:31 -0600
At 08:32 PM 4/22/96 GMT, you wrote:
>>     On the other hand, have you EVER heard of anyone refitting a chrome
>>bumper car with a rubber one?
>
>Actually, I would consider doing just that.  I owned 2 chrome bumpered B's
>and really liked them both. It took a little time to get used to the rubber
>bumpers, but now I really like my 77B.  (What I hated was the single carb
>which I replaced with twin SU's at the first opportunity.)

                Why did you replace the carb?    I have a `79 B with a
single Zenith-Stromberg carb.  It is the first and only MG I own.  Why
replace???  The thought never crossed my mind since I have read on this list
the intricate ritual required to "balance" the carbs.  {I realize that my
lingo may not be correct as I venture out into unfamiliar waters}.

                Anyone else have a reason to make a simple thing more
difficult ??

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                                  http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86                http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia      -      We're a Hole in One !