Transmission oil

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission oil
From: Greg Johnson <ab916@ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 16:06:22 -0300
Roger G's SOL tech article on Lubricants recommends 30 wt oil in the
transmission for MGB's .  However the Hanes and Original Manual ('64)
recommends 20w50.  Well, Which one and why?  I'm replacing the oil in my
tranny, and am not sure what was in it (well, black oil). I was all set
to buy 30 wt non-deter., but looked at the manual.  I drive in
spring/summer/fall, in Nova Scotia (warmish summers) and put 30 WT HD
(high-detergent) in my '72 B's engine.  I sometimes drive it hard, and
high speeds. Daily driver.

Thanks.
   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

          http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html