My B passed the MOT test!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My B passed the MOT test!
From: Bert.Otten@nni.nl
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 11:45:33 +0100
Hi everyone,

Just to share my happiness, I'll have to let you know that the MGB i
bought last november passed the MOT test last friday in Holland. So
I'm now the owner of, I dare say, a beautiful and even roadworthy MGB
'67 Tourer with O/D.

Thanks again for all the information you gave directly and just by
lurking from the mailing list.

All this could of course not have happened without a slight drawback
during the test itself. I drove happily to the place where they'd
check my car, cruising at 80 MPH (that is about the maximum without
losing hair, isn't it?). When i arrived some guy told me that there
was some fluid leaking from under my car! It just happened that the
water pump started leaking, after i had, of course, just replaced the
plain water in the system for coolant liquid the evening before!
But at the test site it wasn't a big problem that liquid was pooring
from down the car, and .., they couldn't see that one telescopic
front shock was slightly leaking! (yes, it is not original)

Now the waiting is for the papers, and some minor details (like water
pumps, and attaching the top to the frame ;-)

Cheers,

Bert Otten
'67 B