(Fwd) Re: Fuel pumps and fans

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: (Fwd) Re: Fuel pumps and fans
From: "Steve Manzi" <manzi@cambridge.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:13:31 -0700
--- Forwarded mail from <manzi> ("Steve Manzi")

From: "Steve Manzi" <manzi>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:05:12 -0700
To: Anthony Sarain <asarain@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel pumps and fans
Cc: manzi

Hi Anthony,

Your need for cooling fans caught my eye.  I've got an "80" mgb and a few years
back both fan motors began squealing ( I'm guessing that that is why you need
new ones ).  Too cheap to plunk down $85.00 each for new ones, I took these
guys apart, cleaned them up and added a 50%/50% mixture of axle grease and
graphite powder to both journal bearings.  This is working great.  I feel that
if I need to do this only once per year it will be worth it.

Steve

On Apr 27, 11:51pm, Anthony Sarain wrote:
> Subject: Fuel pumps and fans
>
> Secondly, I need to replace the two electric cooling fans.  Is there a fan
that is cheaper than the MG replacements (approximately $90 each)?

> Anthony Sarain
> asarain@netcom.com
>
>-- End of excerpt from Anthony Sarain

---End of forwarded mail from <manzi> ("Steve Manzi")