Re: MG Tour

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Tour
From: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 22:04:57 CST
OK... I'll admit that I've got my neck out a mile here, but seems to
me that I've read several parts books that identify what I normally
call the roadster as a "tourer".  The "coupe" on the other hand is
identified as a "Grand Tourer".

OK... Now jump all over me and give me grief for entering this thread.

I admit that my memory is real iffy on this one.

> From:           Michael.Lytton@mailgate.dynmx.com
> Date sent:      Mon, 29 Apr 96 14:43:57 pst
> To:             mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject:        MG Tour
> Send reply to:  Michael.Lytton@mailgate.dynmx.com

>      Hello:
>
>      I recently received an e-mail question in response to my MG web page
>      that I can't answer, so I thought I would ask the list.
>
>      First of all, I should say sheepishly that my knowledge of MG's is
>      quite shallow beyond the MGB (and it's not so good there either).  The
>      question is this:  has anybody heard of an MG Tour?
>
>      This sounds to me like a generic term that could apply to any number
>      of MG's, but the author of the original e-mail merely states that he
>      has a friend who has an "MG Tour", and he is interested in purchasing
>      it.
>
>      Thanks for your time and patience!
>

>                         Michael Lytton
>                         1970 Pale Primrose MGB
>
>                         mlytton@teleport.com (home)
>                         http://www.teleport.com/~mlytton/greasy.shtml

Bill Olson
Arkansas State University

67 mineral blue MGBGT  (saphire)  searching for an overdrive
68 red MGB Roadster  (ruby)  (sold)
72 mallard green MGB Roadster w/overdrive  (emerald (emmy))
95 plumb mist Ford Crown Victoria w/engine and suspension package -
   my winston cup car (winny)
92 dirty Nissan Stanza (wife's car (no name)) but a great woman
   who owned and drove a new MGA (with no name) when she was in
   college several (yeh, several for sure) years ago