Re: GOF West

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GOF West
From: laner@teleport.com (Lane Rollins)
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 09:49:11 -0700
>Where and when is GOF West this year?  And how did I miss hearing about it?
>
>Denise Thorpe
>thorpe@kegs.saic.com

The GoF West this year is being held at Skamania Lodge in the Columbia
River Gorge. It's about 45 minutes east of Portland. When... the week of
August 12th. The lodge has only been open a few years and it's a great
place (okay, it's spendy but good). For those who like to golf the lodge
has great golf course.

The gorge has many attractions...

   The old scenic highway with all the water falls and the vista house
   with it's great view of the river.

   Maryhill Museum has a great collection along with a full size replica of
   Stonehenge.

   Windsurfing is one of the big draws in the gorge these days. There was
   even some talk of trying to set up lessons for those that were brave enough
   to want to give it a try.

I don't have the schedule with me, but the events include:

Car Show - (Tuesday)
   This will be held on the Oregon side of the river in a beautiful
   park right next to the river. There will be an optional sternwheeler cruise
   and lunch after the car show.
Ralley and Scenic Tour
Auction & Sock Hop
Funkana

For registration information call Wally & Marian Downs at (503) 657-0492,
or e-mail me and I'll get you the registration form. WARNING: If your in a
hurry call Wally & Marian.

One last note... This is technically a T-Type and earlier event, some
people don't like to see the "modern" MG's at the event. I personally
encourage anybody to come to the event. We are all intrested in a marque
that hasn't been imported into the states in 16 years and we should spend
our time trying to perseve the cars instead of worring about what is and
isn't a proper car for the event.

If anybody in the Portland area has a slide scanner I could use, I could
set up a web page with images from around the area.

Cheers, Lane

P.S. Denise - You should bring the 1100, it could be intresting.... I need
to go run and hide I can see the flames coming already.