Re: Vibration

To: ashby@smhs.medford.or.us
Subject: Re: Vibration
From: SimJaysun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 08:00:01 -0400
>. A mechanics advice was to shim the motor mounts
>to raise the engine slightly.Any opinions?
I had a similar problem with my 79...it turned out to be a loose bracket back
by the muffler that messed up the whole angle of the exhaust.

First of all, before doing anything drastic, double-check the exhatust
mounting brackets from front to rear.  Secondly, if this checks out, I'd be
more apt to blame an improper mounting of the exhaust system before I'd raise
the engine a millimeter.  This would raise your center of gravity (a
fraction, yes), and cause a decrease in handling performance.   If necessary,
remove the downpipe from the manifold, bend it a little, then replace.

See ya,