Re: Vibration

To: "Mike Ashby . Mathematics" <ashby@smhs.medford.or.us>,
Subject: Re: Vibration
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 15:40:00 -0700 (PDT)
I know how to replace the drivers side mount in a few minutes without
removing the steering shaft. If you're interested I will post the
proceedure, it's a little hard to explain...
Chris Reichle
In your original post, you mention a cracked left motor mount.  Not
sure if "cracked" means "broken" or just "showing age," but a dodgy
left mount is a sure-fire ticket to the vibration problem, so that's
where I'd direct my attention first.  Give it a thorough inspection
(i.e. remove it) before shimming anything.  I know It's a real pain
in the arse for the left side, since you'll never get it out
without removing the steering shaft first.