RE: Cobra story (was deep philosophical questions)

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: RE: Cobra story (was deep philosophical questions)
From: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 96 08:41:11 -0700
There are many interesting Cobra stories. One that nobody heard at the time is
that while the Cobra Club expert was testifying for DMV in our case, explaining
that without the front tower and VIN stamping in it the car could not be
'original,' I had in my possession the original worm and sector front tower,
still attached to the frame rails, from the car that was registered to the then
Cobra Club president. My client instructed me, for political reasons, not to
spring that surprise on the expert.

Incidentally the McKlusky was our expert witness but he only agreed to testify
if we would not ask him any questions about his then relationship with Shelby.
That was shortely before Shelby found those 50 some cars he had built and lost
in the '60's.