Re: Midget shifter problem

To: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: Midget shifter problem
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 14:18:28 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 7 May 1996, Michael Chaffee wrote:

> On Tue, 7 May 1996, U. Goettsch wrote:
>
> > Since we are all thinking about Michael's transmission:
> > My ribcase shifts smoothly, the synchros are great.
>
> Grrr....
>
> naturally the shift lever and the anti-rattle bits had to come out.  When
> it all went back together, the rattle was gone, and stayed gone.  It has

Grrrrrrr...

I've tried that twice, even replaced the pieces...

Since I've written the above post, my mind has wandered under my car and
realized that the interesting part of the trans is completely encompassed
by bodywork, even from below (right?). So fat chance I am going to fix
anything from down there...

But if I knew for sure what it is, I would be much more motivated to get
in there.

Ulix
                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy