Re: Help on Various Items

To: mgs@autox.team.net, Tom.Wagner@central.sun.com
Subject: Re: Help on Various Items
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 10:55:54 -0400

> #2    I attempted to bleed the clutch with the old fashion way of
>       getting under the car, and having someone pump the pedal.  My
>       kids are more than willing todo this.  Made sure that the master
>       cylinder was full, and then proceeded to have a hose on the bleed
>       screw going into a jar with fresh fluid.  I did get some air out
>       at first but it was short lived, so now what is the nexy step, because
>       if we continue to pump on the pedal it never gets to the point of
>feeling
>       correct and the slave cylinder never moves any lever on the clutch
>itself.
>       Several attempts to pump the pedal, then open the screw in an effort
>       to get more air out of the line.  NO more air comes out.

Tom, Last year I tried to bleed the clutch hydraulics in my '67 BGT (It
sat for years)that the DPO said was losing fluid but he didn't know
where. With my wife at the controls, we tried the open, pump, close,
release, method. Never got fluid or anything. After I got impatiant I
opened the bleed screw and told her to pump it as fast as she could.
This got the fluid down to the slave and we went back to the proper
method. After it blead out I could see the massive leak the DPO
couldn't find. So to make a long story short this spring the new slave
cylinder and pushrod are going in and a MC rebuild is on the list.

- -Mark