Geography other than Dixon

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Geography other than Dixon
From: etlsjfr@deep-thought.ericsson.se (Steve Foster)
Date: Wed, 15 May 96 17:01:19 BST
This is not MG related. So staunch MG'ers skip this.

In Europe we have the perception that American's don't know
much about the geography of the world outside the US.

I once asked an American visiting Europe if he knew why Polar bears
don't eat the plentful supply of penguins available.
Does this group know why not?
I do not know the USA inside out but I know there are 50 something states
and some of you sure do talk funny over there! Texas never signed the
constitution and that you've baled MG out several times when UK sales
flagged (that's history). I heard a report that our Brit pop group Oasis
were over your side of the moat and a TV interview had to have
subtitles so that the
local's could understand. Someone once said that we are two peoples
separated by a common language! Comments.

On a more MG note I am getting there with buying an M type. It's a
whole different ball game to the classic car scene.

/Steve