A Hood Question...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: A Hood Question...
From: Sarah Baker <sarah@bosses.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 18:32:00 GMT
Hello Folks,

I've been lurking around for a while now, and something that was
mentioned in a post recently (now, sadly deleted) set me to thinking.
When lowering the hood on my ' 76 Midget, I am in the habit of laying
the whole hood out flat across the boot lid (trunk ?) before rolling
it back into the cockpit over the hood frame. Does this make sense ?

I have always assumed that if you simply fold the frame backwards and
tuck the hood between the struts a) your windows will get creased, and
b) you run the risk of snagging the hood itself in the frame and
tearing it... Am I the only person in the world who does this and
therefore wasting time folding the thing out before furling it away,
or do all the other Midgets I see have it wrong ? Reassure me or put
me right please??!! What nade me think of it was a post about an
idyllic maiden voyage along the by-ways of California and "reaching up
to drop the hood", or something like that.

For the princely sum of 3 (UKP) I bought two short pieces of seat
belt type strap with press-studs at either end. These serve to hold my
hood out or the way by attaching to the rear hood rail at one end and
to poppers situated on the rear bulkhead at t'other. They're much
quicker than a hood-bag when avoiding a British summer downpour. ;)

Thanks,

Dave Reeson.

'76 Midget              "Ken"
'94 Toyota MR2          "Roger"

Does everyone call their first Midget "Bridget"?
SAB
"You in pain?"
"I certainly am..."
"Good..."