Re: A Hood Question...

To: dave@bosses.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: A Hood Question...
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 21:34:00 -0400 (EDT)

> I have always assumed that if you simply fold the frame backwards and
> tuck the hood between the struts a) your windows will get creased, and
> b) you run the risk of snagging the hood itself in the frame and
> tearing it... Am I the only person in the world who does this and
> therefore wasting time folding the thing out before furling it away,
> or do all the other Midgets I see have it wrong ?

  Well, on my '76 Spitf... err, I mean Midget, I originally just folded it
and tucked it in and managed to both crease and tear it, though granted it
wasn't in good shape when I bought the car.  When I bought a new top, I
looked up the proper proceedure in the owners manual and have been ever
since folding it like you, by first bringing it all back and resting it on
the boot lid.
  I can't definately say that it's the same way for the MG as for the
Trium... err, other type of MG, but it sounds likely.  I assume you don't
have an owner's manual...

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation