'66 MGB for sale ? -- maybe

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, rau@Synopsys.COM
Subject: '66 MGB for sale ? -- maybe
From: rau@Synopsys.COM (Jerry Rau)
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 16:41:01 +0100
With a seven month daughter now constantly in tow on weekends, I'm finding
less and less time to enjoy driving the LBC (Less than Baby Compatible?)
roadster. So I'm thinking of selling it and putting the $$$ into one of
those carbon or titanium racing bicycles.

Quick summary... It's 99.8% original (12 v battery just makes sense today
for reliability, but it could easily be changed back to two 6 volters)
chrome bumpered roadster in fine running condition.  Black with red leather
interior. The paint could be in a bit better shape, but the engine was
completely disassembled and re-built professionally approx 2k miles ago, so
compression is strong and it runs beautifully. Also, I've replaced the
leather / carpets, tires / rims, and recently had the brakes re-done. Oh
yeah, there's also a red tonneau, a black soft top (with original gray
bars!), and a black hardtop. There's more to say, but I think you get the
gist. I've owned the car 7 years, and the PO had it 21 years, saving every
receipt along the way, so let me know any other requests for info.

Would be interested in your comments:

1) Why it would be stupid to sell it now after fixing it up (someday my
daughter and any future siblings *will* be able sit with their own tush
directly on the seat, even if that is a few years off.). This is an
emotional decision after all.

2) Know anyone interested in seeing it with potential to buy? I'm thinking
in the $4k range. (Though any offers for $15k will be cheerfully & quickly
accepted). Send me email directly (rau@synopsys.com) so I don't miss it.
California car located in SF Bay area.

-jerry

Jerry Rau
SYNOPSYS - Account Manager

Phone: (415) 694-4239                       Synopsys, Inc.
Fax: (415) 961-4485                           700 E. Middlefield Rd.
Email: rau@synopsys.com                  Mountain View, CA 94043

Check out Synopsys's WWW page at: http://www.synopsys.com