Good News

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Good News
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 18:33:50, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Just had to share a bit of good news. A lawyer came in to my office
today while I and a co-worker were talking about my BGT.
"Oh would you want another one?" he asks.
Seems fifteen years ago he parked his MGB in his Dads back yard and
there it still sits. Well Dad has  really been on him to get it out and
he is now desperate .
Price?  " Get it out of Dads yard and its yours"

At lunch time I run out to "DADs". There it sits, a Rubber Bumper ( Dad
says 76, Paul say 78 MGB). Only thing missing is the Smog pump. Dad
says it drove in 1984 and has been untouched since.

Interior is shot. tires are rotted , and the rubber bits are as hard as
a rock, but the price is right:  80 bucks to get it towed to my place.

I did see some rust at the rear of the rocker  panel, and a ding in the
Bonnet but who cares,  PARTS- A -RAMA (SOUTHWEST) get delivered
tomorrow.   Tonight I shall sit with my catalogs and check parts
numbers for cross overs to my 74 .

Gee maybe if more lawyers gave away MGBs they wouldn't get such a bad
rap.

Bob Nogueira   ( Would I be asking to much to hope it has a
             Overdrive Transmission?)