Re: Associations

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Associations
From: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 20:26:00 -0500 (CDT)
I've been thinking about this for a few days. I've got no radio in the
yellow car yet, but the maroon had one and I usually had the local classical
station tuned in. But reception on a Lucas radio is about what you'd expect,
and the speakers matched the quality of the reception, and the pipes on that
car were LOUD, so mostly I just kept up with the music. Once in a while I'd
tune in a little oldies rock or alternative but somehow it just didn't fit.

On Jeanette's & my anniversary (5th?) we went out to eat and as we left the
restaraunt the classical station for some reason was playing some big bands
and as I turned left to go through the park instead of home (full moon, open
arms...), BANG... early Basie. They kept it up for a while and we just kept
driving. Jeanette was giggling and her hair was blowing and she was
absolutely beautiful and etc., etc. We even parked for a little while
overlooking Belle Meade Boulevard which is absolutley nothing like the view
from Mullholland Drive. There ARE good reasons for living in Gnashville and
Los Angeles is one of them.

I guess if I was to equate the cars to music, I'd have to hand the maroon to
Cannonball and Diz. The pure joy. When I finally got the suspension right it
drove like Clifford Brown. The yellow car is more of a touring car and
reminds me a little more of Paul Desmond or early Miles. Neither car has
been predictable and I still have to be careful to keep the radar on with
the primrose.

Glenn
Schmaltzando = A glissando with grease. Preferably chicken.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com

'74 MGB - fatally wounded
'69 MGB - prim little touring car