Re: Suspension Squeaking

To: RNafie@aol.com
Subject: Re: Suspension Squeaking
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 23:04:44 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 21 May 1996 RNafie@aol.com wrote:

> I try to be conscientious about caring for my '80 LE, but as much as I try I
> haven't been able to eliminate a suspensition type "squeak" or "creak" from
> the left from fender area.  I can produce the sound by pushing down on the
> front fender and rocking the car slightly.  I can hear the sound when backing
> up from my driveway in the mornings when the car is going slowly but pressure
> is put on the suspension.  The front fittings have all been greased (6), so
> I'm not sure what to do next.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

If you had nylon sway bar bushings, I would bet money it's them. I don't
know if stock rubber bushings can squeak, but you could try lubricating
them.
I haven't heard the sound, but similar sounds can be caused by some of the
panels moving relative to each other. Are all bolts in place? Is the
radiator firmly secured? I don't know B's, but check around for something
like that.

Good Luck,
Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy