Re: sun visors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sun visors
From: "G. Clark Smith, Jr." <gcs@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 10:58:04 -0400
'snip
>>Just Drill out the old rivet and put in a new. (larger one??????)
>

>The sun visor is held on the bracket with a nut.  look up under the
>bracket, and remove the nut, washer, & spring.  I would keep all three
>until I knew that the new one came with them.  The installation is the
>reverse of the above.  5 min job max!
**Unless you break the windshield in the process.  Been there, done that.**

I am unsure as what you are trying to do, but be very careful if for some
reason you are drilling out the sunvisor's mounting bracket rivets.  Go too
deep with the drill bit or apply too much pressure and you have just given
yourself IMHO the hardest job on an MGB - replacing a windshield.  If you
just want to replace the visor - leave the bracket rivets alone!  Look up at
the bottom of the little bracket and you will see a small nut.  From there
just follow the directions above.

Clark Smith
gcs@acpub.duke.edu
Durham, NC